Staff wanted for annual electoral registration canvass
Have you ever thought of getting involved with the democratic process?
What you'll need
Do you have spare time from August to the end of October to get involved with the annual canvass of households? We would love to hear from you if you are interested.
We are always on the lookout for motivated and dynamic staff who want to help us with registering people to vote.
You will be required to deliver a Household Enquiry Form to each property in your allocated canvass area. This will be followed by delivery of a reminder form to those households who have not responded. The final and most important stage is that you will be required to knock on the doors of all non-responding properties to encourage them to complete their forms and to register to vote. The majority of this work takes place at evenings and weekends.
To undertake election or canvassing duties you must:
- have good communication skills and the ability to relate to people
- have awareness of, and sensitivity to, cultural diversity
- have the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- be a professional and politically neutral manner
- be at least 18 years of age
- be entitled to work in the UK (in accordance with the provisions of the Asylum and immigration act 1996)
- be physically able to walk for long periods visiting households in all weather conditions
We currently have canvass areas available in Dunstable, Houghton Regis, Caddington and Stondon.
We consider the person's experience, availability, preferences, where they live or whether they have access to a car and are prepared to travel.
Download job description (PDF 77.1KB)
How to get involved
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and what you can bring to this role.