Cheering Volunteering 2022
Our annual Cheering Volunteer event took place 7 June at the Rufus Centre, Flitwick. This was an afternoon tea event attended by over 150 volunteers. This was a chance for us to celebrate our volunteers for the incredible contribution to volunteering within our communities.
Many of the volunteers within Central Bedfordshire help to provide the backbone to the community and this event allowed us to say thank you for excellent support that they provide, often to some of our most vulnerable residents.
The event was organised by Central Bedfordshire Council, working in partnership with CVS and BedsRCC as part of Central Bedfordshire Together.
Supported by Grand Union Housing Group, Prologis and FCC Environment.
Our Inspiring Volunteering Grant Scheme sits alongside the Cheering Volunteering event and we were able to inform some of the successful applications in person of their grant awards. The successful applicants for the Inspiring Volunteering Grant Scheme 2022 are:
- Clophill Village Hall - £500 towards Clophill community hub run by volunteers
- Share: Flitwick & Ampthill - £500 towards sharing library run and set up by volunteers
- For Men to Talk - £234.18 towards promotional materials to encourage volunteering
- Healthwatch Central Bedfordshire - £550 towards eating disorder education project run by young volunteers
- Leighton Linslade Citizens Advice - £500 towards recruitment collateral to encourage new volunteers
- Central Bedfordshire Youth Voice - £959 towards recruitment collateral to encourage new young volunteers
- Let's Get Going, Sandy - £1,000 towards Sandy Health & Wellbeing Club and trails volunteering project