EU Exit (Brexit)

Advice for residents on EU Exit (Brexit)

The government has published advice for EU citizens and their families living in the UK and UK nationals living in Europe.

You can also contact the government for information about the scheme on 0300 123 7379, seven days a week (8am to 8pm on weekdays and from 9:30am to 4:30pm at the weekend).

EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family will be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

A step-by-step guide to staying in the UK (settled status) is on the government's website.

Visiting Europe after Brexit

The government has also published advice on other things like buying from Europe, passports, driving and travel, EHIC cards, pets and mobile roaming fees.