Suspected COVID-19 case(s) in the workplace
These are the steps for dealing with suspected COVID-19 case(s) in the workplace:
- if employee is in the workplace – isolate away from others and send home (refer to COVID-19: guidance for first responders if personal care is required within 2m)
- clean and disinfect rooms and equipment the suspected case (refer to COVID-19: cleaning in non-healthcare settings outside the home) – ensure appropriate PPE (gloves and an apron) are used
- advise that the employee gets tested for COVID-19
- ensure employee isolates at home for 10 days (from date on onset of symptoms). The rest of the household also need to isolate for 10 days (stay at home: guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection)
- once the result is received, the employee should notify their workplace using usual sickness absence notification procedure
What happens if it is a negative result?
The employee can return to work once well.
What happens if it is a positive result?
If it is a positive result, refer to the following page on confirmed case(s) in the workplace.
You can also: