Coronavirus - COVID-19

Support for individuals in hardship

Our Council already offers various options to support those who may struggle to meet their Council Tax payments.

As additional resource is to be made available to local authorities for such funds, we are looking at ways in which we could extend our current scheme to broaden access to this support.


Find out how coronavirus is affecting benefits.

Advice Central

Advice Central is:

  • a single point of access that deals with a wide range of advice enquiries
  • staffed by trained assistants to assess and signpost callers to the most relevant referral partners
  • a referral point for professionals and others working with individuals that need information or advice

It provides:

  • a single internet access point to provide self-help via the website
  • a centralised telephone number linking into a call centre.
  • first line simple advice and triage clients via subject and urgency, signposting callers to the most appropriate source of information or referral to the wider agencies. 
  • up to date, accurate and accessible information in a range of formats.
  • community navigation around statutory, voluntary sector and independent agencies

Visit the Advice Central website.

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice is a network of independent charities throughout the UK that give free, confidential information and advice to help people with issues including:

  • benefits
  • employment
  • debt
  • housing
  • relationships

There are three local organisations in Central Bedfordshire and their opening hours and access has altered. They are still open for online and telephone advice.

Getting support

Contact us if you need support

Please use the online form above in the first instance. If you need to contact us in an emergency, please call 0300 300 8900.

Sign for emails to let you know when the information on this page is updated

Sign up