Safeguarding in education
We have a dedicated safeguarding in education team. The team offers the following to schools across Central Bedfordshire:
- free training
- safeguarding network events – these events take place twice a year and are a great opportunity to gain local information and also meet others in the profession
- free resources – please contact us with any needs you may have; we have included a copy of our model Safeguarding and Child Protection policy below for you to adapt to use within your environment
- free support and guidance – please find our contact details below
- safeguarding audits and training – for a fee, we can come to your school and offer thorough audits or training packages bespoke to your school’s needs
- Section 175 audit – this working document is sent out every October, directly to schools for completion
We aim to respond to email within 2 working days.
Urgent concerns: Call 0300 300 8585, if you have an urgent safeguarding concern. This will connect you to the Access and Inclusion Hub team.
Alternatively, you can call:
- Victoria Blackmore (education safeguarding lead) on 0300 300 6199
- Maggie Lloyd (assistant education safeguarding officer) on 0300 300 5115
Concerns about worker behaviour
If you have concerns about the conduct and behaviour of someone working with children and young people, you can contact our Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO, but also known as the Allegations Manager) as follows:
Telephone: 0300 300 5026 / 0300 300 8142