Supported housing

Apply for supported housing

Before applying, you may need an assessment by social services.

If you are eligible, your social worker or housing officer will support you to find an appropriate new home. 

If you are meeting all of the cost yourself then you are free to approach privately run supported housing schemes and ask to be put on their waiting lists. 

For schemes we run, anyone over 55 living in Central Bedfordshire can apply. This applies if you live in either rented or owned accommodation.

Applying as a couple

For couples, at least one partner must be of retirement age.

We also welcome applications from people who have not reached retirement age but feel this type of housing may be suitable for them due to a disability or significant health condition.

Applying as a household

Applications from households cannot be accepted if there is a non-dependent living with them, who has no support needs themselves (for example a son / daughter / grand child).

There are supported housing and extra care schemes reserved for older and frailer households.

Living outside Central Bedfordshire

You can make an application if you live outside Central Bedfordshire and

  • meet the above criteria
  • have family living in our area
  • have a strong local connection