Disabled Facilities Grant

Rented properties

If you are renting a property either privately, or from a housing association, the landlord will need to give permission for the adaptation work to be undertaken.

If you are a landlord with a disabled tenant you can apply for the grant.

We need to be happy that the work is:

  • necessary and appropriate to meet the disabled person's needs
  • reasonable and practicable - depending on the age and condition of the property