What is a Disabled Facilities Grant?
This short video explains:
- about the grant
- what types of adaptations it can help fund
- how to apply
- who's eligibile
- about assessments
A Disabled Facilities Grant can help provide safe access into and around the home. You may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant to help with the cost of making adaptations to your home – depending on your situation, including your financial circumstances.
Grants cannot be awarded for works already carried out and therefore where you are seeking a DFG you will need to wait for the official DFG approval notice before commencing the works.
The maximum grant available to individuals is £30,000.
Typical adaptations would include:
- access in to and out of the home (for example a wheelchair ramp)
- access to bathroom/ toilet, bath or shower or wash basin
- provision of facilities for preparing and cooking food
- adaptations to bathrooms
- ceiling hoists
- stair lifts
- other types of appropriate adaptations will also be considered