The government is removing the remaining domestic restrictions in England. There are still steps you can take to reduce the risk of catching and spreading COVID-19:
- “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it” and wash your hands
- get your first, second or booster vaccination
- open windows and let fresh air in when meeting people indoors
- wear a face-covering in crowded and enclosed spaces, like shopping centres and public transport
- try to stay at home if you feel unwell
The NHS is providing vaccinations through walk-in centres or by appointment. First, second and booster vaccinations are all available.
You can also book by calling 119.
Do you need transport to get vaccinated?
If you need transport to get to and from a vaccination appointment or a walk-in session at a vaccine centre, then you can get free transport through these operators.
Just quote Central Bedfordshire Council Taxi Vaccination Service when making a booking from these community transport, bus and taxi operators.
Please make sure you book well in advance.
- Buzzer Buses – 01525 853566
- Greensands Community Transport – 01234 832 611 between 9am and midday Monday to Friday. Bookings can be made up to a week in advance with a minimum of two days before travelling. We will need a name, address, telephone number and an emergency contact/next of kin for each person travelling. For more information or to cancel or amend bookings call 01234 834 933 between 8.30am and 4pm Monday to Friday
- South Beds Dial a Ride – 01525 220044
- Premier minibus and car hire – 01582 650650 please note accessible vehicles are busy from 8am to 9:15am and 2:30pm to 4:30pm
- Neojtaxi - 01525 222999
- Go Luton – when making bookings, please call 01582 404040 or 01582 494949 and use the account name / number "Go126 Central Beds Council Vaccination"
- Diamond Cabs – 01525 450450
Have you received a call about your vaccination?
Local authorities are legally responsible for public health, which includes measures to contain COVID-19 and protect people. The Public Health team for Central Bedfordshire, Bedford Borough, and Milton Keynes councils has therefore begun individually calling local people who have not had their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Whilst vaccination rates are good locally, every vaccination counts in helping to protect us all. We are calling unvaccinated residents to understand if there are barriers to you getting vaccinated that we can help with. Perhaps, you’re not sure how to book, you want some more information, or you want to talk to a GP. These are things we can help you with.
We can also arrange for you to speak to a midwife should you have any questions regarding fertility, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. Please do contact the team on the number below for a referral.
We do not have access to your personal medical records and will not be discussing any medical issues, but we can arrange for you to be called by a dedicated GP or midwife if you have any concerns.
If we cannot reach you by phone, we will send you a text message or email. The messages will be from this number 01462 754070 and will be marked from "MK CBC Beds". Emails and SMS will clearly say they are from Central Bedfordshire, Bedford Borough, or Milton Keynes councils.
We will not ask you for any personal or financial information.
If you receive a call and have any concerns about whether it is from us, you can call 01462 754070 to check.