Deciding on an education setting for your child with SEND

Home schooling your child with special educational needs

You have an equal right to home educate your child, if you choose to do so. This right is irrespective of whether your child has a statement of special educational needs or an education, health and care (EHC) plan.

If your child has special educational needs (SEN) and attends a special school, you must obtain our agreement before your child's name is removed from the school roll. We will only agree to your child being removed if we're satisfied that you're able to make the provision specified in your child's education, health and care (EHC) plan.

Find out more about home schooling, including a copy of our procedures.