Deciding on an education setting for your child with SEND | Central Bedfordshire Council

Deciding on an education setting for your child with SEND

Which education setting is right for your child with special educational needs?

Most children with Special educational needs or Disability (SEND) go to their local mainstream school. Details of local schools and colleges, including special schools and specialist provision can be found in the Central Bedfordshire Family Information Directory.

Search the Family Information Directory

To find out what settings are available, search the Family Information Directory to:

  • find out what provision is available to support SEN and disabilities at settings in Central Bedfordshire
  • see a list of special schools in Central Bedfordshire
  • find out about special schools that cater for children or young people with specific educational needs, as well as mainstream schools, that have special provisions and early years providers
  • childcare providers
  • free nursery education funding
  • lower and middle schools
  • nurseries and pre-schools
  • school drop off / pick up, including school transport
  • school holiday schemes
  • information on special educational needs and / or disabilities

There are a large number of early years providers made up of day nurseries, nursery schools and pre-school settings.

All early year’s providers welcome children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND.) Each setting has a trained special educational needs coordinator (SENCo).

We also support each settings SENCo with educational psychology.


If you have any queries or comments regarding the Family Information Directory please contact: