Educational psychology

What to do if you have concerns about your child at school

If you have concerns about your child’s needs at school, you need to speak to your child's class / form teacher. They may suggest a meeting with the school’s special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCo) or member of the pastoral team.

If your child has additional needs, their school must:

The school has an allocated budget to support this work.

In Central Bedfordshire, most schools use a SEND support plan (PDF 352.5KB) (make a SEND support plan (PDF 134.1KB) ) to help them with this process.