The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines are safe and effective. They give you the best protection against COVID-19.
A booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is available on the NHS for everyone over the age of 16 who have had their second dose at least 3 months ago.
COVID-19 booster vaccine
The NHS Booster vaccination programme is now available for everyone over the age of 16 and can be obtained via the National Booking Service or alternatively via a walk in.
For the most up to date information about how and where to get a booster see Bedfordshire, Luton, and Milton Keynes NHS website
If you have not yet had your first or second dose, you can still get it by booking an appointment or going to a drop-in centre.
Who can get a COVID-19 vaccine?
Everyone over the age of 12 are now offered their COVID-19 vaccinations. This will be 2 doses of the vaccine as part of their primary course.
Everyone over 16 and those who are more vulnerable will also be offered a booster course of the vaccine.
How to get your COVID-19 vaccine
If you're aged 16 or over, you can:
- book your COVID-19 vaccination appointment online for an appointment at a vaccination centre or pharmacy
- find a walk-in COVID-19 vaccination site to get vaccinated without needing an appointment
- wait to be contacted by your GP surgery and book your appointments with them
If you can't book appointments online, you can call 119 free of charge. You can speak to a translator if you need to. If you have difficulties communicating, hearing or are a British Sign Language (BSL) user, you can use textphone 18001 119 or the NHS 119 BSL interpreter service.
Children aged 12 to 15
You or your child can:
- book their COVID-19 vaccination appointment online for an appointment at a vaccination centre or pharmacy
- check if there is a walk-in COVID-19 vaccination site near you to get vaccinated without needing an appointment
Not all walk-in vaccination sites can vaccinate children aged 12 to 15. More sites will become available over time.
Check the Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes NHS website for more information about: