Written Statement of Action (WSOA) for SEND
Our last Local Area SEND Inspection took place in November 2019 and resulted in a Written Statement of Action (PDF) for 6 areas of significant weakness, which we grouped into four themes. These were:
- existing education, health and care plans (EHCPs) are not of sufficient quality to ensure that the needs of children and young people are identified and met
- leaders do not have sufficient oversight of the quality of new EHCPs
- area leaders in education, health and care do not have a shared understanding of the outcomes they want for children and young people with SEND
- the area’s SEND strategy is not clear
- co-production is not well-informed by the views of children, young people, and their families
- the Local Offer is not effective
Since the inspection, we have undertaken significant work with parent carers, partners and other stakeholders to make improvements for children and young people with special educational needs.
Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) conducted a SEND re-visit of our local area from Monday 4 July to Wednesday 6 July 2022. The focus of the re-visit was on these areas of weakness.