Why you should foster with us
We are a non-profit organisation with a diverse and dynamic fostering community who have the children at the heart of everything we do.
We are passionate about supporting our foster carers to enable them to give the best care possible to children. We provide a comprehensive package of support including a foster carers fee, an allowance for the children you care for, local training, a chance to meet with other carers in your area and much more. Our wonderfully diverse foster carers are very supportive of each other and come from all walks of life, ethnicities, background and faiths.
If you live in or around Central Bedfordshire, we are a great place to foster as everything you need is right on your doorstep. This includes locations for meetings, children’s contact, appointments, school runs etc that will mainly be within Bedfordshire. If you foster for an agency, they will usually cover a larger area which means you may need to travel further for day to day commitments and training.
As a local authority, it is our priority to keep children as local as possible to the people and places they love and are familiar with. When a child comes into care, we will ask our foster carers if they are able to look a child before we ask the independent fostering agencies if they have carers available.
We provide carers with a comprehensive training package of support including:
- a foster carer fee
- an allowance for the child in your care
- 24/7 support so you are never alone, you can reach a social worker over the phone when you need them
- yearly training programme shaped by foster carer feedback and needs, with access to elearning and local face to face courses
- access to therapeutic support to help you support the children in your care
- peer support through foster carer mentors
- regular social events, drop ins and opportunities to meet with other foster carers in your community
- access to discounts on family days out, activities and much more
We also work really closely with the social workers who support the children as we are based together, so there is no middle agency to deal with. This means that the knowledge we have about you, your family and your strengths can be discussed with the various teams when we are looking to match a child with foster carers.
Want to find out more about fostering? Talk to us!
We welcome anyone considering fostering to get in touch to find out more, we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
You can get in touch online, or call us on 0300 300 8181. We’ll get email an information pack sent to you and can organise for a social worker to come and visit you. We look forward to speaking with you and supporting you through your fostering enquiry.