Children's centres in Central Bedfordshire
Food vouchers for vulnerable children and families
A food voucher scheme will continue to be available to families in need over the half term holiday period.
The scheme works by providing vouchers directly to families via the network of Children’s Centres that are based in communities across our area.
The vouchers are £15 per child and cover the whole week.
The vouchers enable food to be supplied by a number of the major supermarket chains that operate in our communities and any families who are eligible to free school meals will be able to access this support.
Please contact your children's centre directly to make arrangements. To ensure that everyone is safe and socially distanced, please do not turn up to a centre without a prior booking. You can find contact details through the link below.
Anyone requesting a voucher will be required to provide:
- their name and address
- the child's name and date of birth
Looking ahead, we are exploring how we can best continue the arrangements for the Christmas period taking account of the particular circumstances created by the pandemic.
Our children's centres are developed in line with the needs of the local community so no one centre is the same. Children's centres work with partners to offer a range of services to meet your child's needs all in one place.
There is a core set of services they aim to provide:
- child and family health services including antenatal, postnatal, breast feeding and baby weighing sessions (drop-in)
- advice on parenting and parenting programmes
- information and advice to parents on childcare, early years provision and 2-year-old funded places
- early education and school readiness, early communication support e.g. speech and language drop-ins
- outreach and family support services including home visits
- a variety of drop-in sessions