Privacy Notice – children's centre membership
This privacy notice should be read in conjunction with our general Privacy Statement and privacy notice for children and young people.
The purpose for the personal data we will collect
We collect data to:
- allow families to register so they can make use of the children’s centres in Central Bedfordshire
- provide parents/carers with information on the services provided by the children’s centres
- share with our local partner organisations and agencies, where there is a safeguarding concern
- enable staff to identify and advise on suitable services available to families with young children
- tailor services available across the children’s centre to support families with young children
- facilitate planning for the future and demand management of services
What information do we collect?
- names of parent/carer and child
- gender for parent/carer and child
- child's date of birth
- parent/carer's and child's contact details
- parent/carer's and child's ethnicity
- parent/carer's and child’s health information
Lawful basis for using your personal data
Consent is provided by the parent/carer. Note, withdrawal of consent may result in the service being withdrawn.
Special category data that we collect is necessary for carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the controller or of the data subject in the field social protection law, substantial public interest and equality of opportunity or treatment at schedule 1 part 1 and 2 Data Protection Act 2018.
Who we may share your personal data with
We may share your data with:
- our own teams, including early years support teams
- early years and childcare providers
- education providers
- law enforcement
- children’s centres
- our local partner organisations
- parents/guardians (where relevant)
Retention of data
Data will be stored securely and retained in accordance with our retention schedule.
Your rights under data protection law
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions; we will explain to you what we are asking you to agree to and why. If we have consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your application at any time.
Should you have any queries regarding how your personal data is being used, or this privacy notice, please contact us.
Telephone: 0300 300 5765
For independent advice about data protection, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Alternatively, visit the ICO's website.