Trading Standards Approved is an initiative from Central Bedfordshire Trading Standards Service designed to improve business standards and increase customer confidence.
We monitor members to ensure high standards are maintained.
Member companies can display the TSA logo, and are listed on the Trading Standards Approved list.
If you’re a customer, you can check which businesses are members, and know that you are dealing with businesses committed to customer care and fair trading.
Approval of a business does not mean that we can guarantee its financial stability or have checked the quality of the goods or services it offers.
If you’re a trader, we check your business to ensure:
- the business complies with the law
- contract terms are fair, in plain English and clearly legible
- pricing is clear
- no repair or servicing is carried out without the customer's permission
- parts replaced during repair or servicing are available for inspection
- itemised invoices are provided
- the business operates an effective customer complaints procedure
- View the A to Z of records