What will the tidy tips accept?
Our Household Waste Recycling Centres accept:
- glass bottles and jars
- cardboard (including corrugated cardboard)
- green garden waste
- newspaper and paper
- aluminium cans
- scrap metal
- white electrical goods
- household furniture (beds, mattresses, wardrobes, chest of drawers, etc.)
- car and household batteries
- light bulbs
- used engine and cooking oil
- gas cylinders
- fridges and freezers (you will need a permit for this*)
- tyres (you will need a permit for these**)
- mixed recycling
*Restricted to one of each within a 12 month period.
**Restricted to two tyres within a 12 month period.
If you have an item for disposal that you are not sure will be accepted, check by calling Customer Services on 0300 300 8302.