If you are a resident of Central Bedfordshire you can use this new account to report a broken street light and track its progress.
Some of our largest towns e.g. Ampthill, Biggleswade, Dunstable, Flitwick, Houghton Regis, Leighton Buzzard, Leighton-Linslade and Sandy will have a huge number of street lights, traffic lights and pedestrian crossings. The sooner we hear about damage to lighting, the better!
These issues aren't limited to the busiest areas - we want to hear about any broken lights around Central Bedfordshire.
You can make the following reports for damaged street lighting:
- Dim street light
- Exposed wire on a street light
- Flickering street light
- Street light on during the day
- Street light glass case hanging or missing
- Street light knocked down
- Street light leaning over
- Street light on too early or too late
- Street light out
- Street light vandalised
You can also report broken and damaged bollards:
- Bollard knocked down
- Bollard light out
Report a problem with traffic lights:
Damaged traffic lights
Delay to traffic lights - are the lights letting to little / too much traffic through?
Lamp not working
Pedestrian crossing button not working
Request temporary traffic lights
You can also tell us about:
- Roads / carriageways e.g. damaged road surfaces, obstructions and spillages
- Drainage e.g. blocked gullies, flooding and blocked ditches
- Footpaths e.g. damaged pavements, trip hazards and loose paving slabs
- Trees e.g. overgrown trees, fallen branches or trees blocking light
We will be introducing other online services throughout 2013. These will enable you to pay council tax and check any benefit payments you may receive, request repairs if you live in a council house and register a change in circumstance, such as a birth or death.
Before you can access our online services, we will need you to spend a few minutes registering for an account.
You can register in just a few minutes to report and track progress about broken street light.
When completing the form, let us know:
- if the street light is out altogether
- if it is going on / off
- if the light is burning all day or intermittent
Please include the number of the street light column. If you cannot see this, then state the exact location or adjacent house number.
Usually, broken street lights are repaired within a few days.
If there is a problem on the electricity cable feeding the column, notification is sent to the utility who usually attend within 28 days of receiving the report.
Upon being made aware about exposed wires, we will attend within two hours to make the situation safe.
Central Bedfordshire Highways will come out to assess the damage and then determine how urgent the job is.