Settlement Checking Service

Who can use the service?

Migrants applying for permission to settle permanently (also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain) in the UK using form SET(M) can use the service.

SET(M) applicants must already have been given permission to enter or remain in the UK as a spouse or partner of a British citizen or person settled in the UK and have completed or be within 28 days of completing 2 years in that category.

The Settlement Checking Service is not available to nationals of countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. You can find further advice about how to apply for residence on UK Visas and Immigration website (link opens in new window) or if you need further information, contact EEA Residency Enquiries on 0845 010 5200.

Back to the top