Service changes from 1 April, 2016
On 31 March 2016 (4:30pm) the Register Office at the Pilgrim Centre, Brickhill Drive, Bedford will close. Wedding ceremonies will continue to take place at the Pilgrim Centre until 30 June 2016.
From 1 April 2016 the Central Bedfordshire Register Office will be located at The Court House, Woburn Street, Ampthill, Bedfordshire MK45 2HX.
From 1 April 2016, please contact our Registration Service on 0300 300 8089 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the following services:
- register a birth or death which has occurred in Central Bedfordshire
- give Notice of Marriage or Civil Partnership if you live in Central Bedfordshire
- book the Ceremony room at any of our four Registration Offices in Ampthill, Biggleswade, Dunstable and Leighton Buzzard
- request Registrars attend a licensed venue in Central Bedfordshire
- licence an Approved Venue in Central Bedfordshire
- obtain a copy certificate of a registration that has taken place in Central Bedfordshire after 1 April 2009
- obtain a copy certificate of a registration that has taken place anywhere in Bedfordshire (except Luton) before 1 April 2009
- book a Nationality Checking Service or Settlement Checking Service appointment, please continue to call 0300 300 8144 and 0300 300 6035 respectively
You can continue to book your appointment to register a birth or a death (which has occurred in Central Bedfordshire) via this website. You can also continue to book an appointment to give Notice of Marriage or Civil Partnership (if you are a resident in Central Bedfordshire) via this website.
As a Central Bedfordshire resident you can give information about a birth or death that takes place in Bedford Borough at one of our Registration Services offices in Ampthill, Biggleswade, Dunstable and Leighton Buzzard. On your behalf we will forward this information to the Bedford Register Office who will issue your certificate.
Alternatively, after 1 April 2016 you can register life events which occur in Bedford Borough at The Old Town Hall, St Paul’s Square, Bedford.