Pre-application advice – developers
We work with the development industry and provide a comprehensive pre-application advice service to applicants and Planning Performance Agreements (PPA) to manage the larger scale developments.
Pre-application advice can help to:
- give you an understanding of how an application will be judged against the policies in the development plan
- identify where there is a need for specialist input such as that relating to trees or landscape, traffic, land liable to flood and anticipate other regulatory requirements
- indicate where a proposal is completely unacceptable to us, saving the costs of finalising an application
- give an indication of the likely requirement for contributions
The fee for non householder pre-application advice depends on the type of development proposed.
||Type of development
||Fee including VAT
||50 or more dwellings - speak to a Planning Officer about undertaking a planning performance agreement (PPA)
||£2,400 plus £120 per additional dwelling
||£2,000 plus £100 per additional dwelling
||3000m sq plus or 30 to 49 dwellings
||2000m sq to 2999m sq or 20 to 29 dwellings
||1000m sq to 1999m sq or 10 to 19 dwellings
||Under 1000m sq or 5 to 9
||2 to 4 dwellings
||1 dwelling, including replacement dwellings
If your development does not fall into the above categories, please contact Development Management on 0300 300 8307 to discuss a fee for pre-application advice. This is not likely to cost more than £500 plus VAT.
Processing times and what is included
Categories 1 to 4: 8 weeks process, up to two hours of officer meeting time, a written response, full consultation with relevant planning consultees.
Categories 5 to 6: 28 day process, up to an hour of officer meeting time, a written response, full consultation with relevant planning consultees.
Category 7: 28 day process, a written response, full consultation with relevant planning consultees.
As part of the pre-application advice service we will provide:
- written response to your request for pre-application advice which will be considered against any subsequent planning application
- information on key planning policies and previous planning decisions
- named contacts
- informal comments and guidance, without prejudice, on the content, construction and presentation of an application likely to satisfy planning policies
- advice on the documents to be submitted and procedures with your planning application
Engaging in pre-application will aid a swift positive decision once planning application is submitted. Where pre-application advice is either not sought or adhered to planning applications are likely to be determined without negotiation.