HM Lord-Lieutenant appoints cadets for 2016
HM Lord-Lieutenant of Bedfordshire, Helen Nellis, has appointed her cadets for 2016.
The role of Lord-Lieutenant’s cadets is to support the Lord-Lieutenant in carrying out her duties and their selection and appointment acknowledges their outstanding contribution to their cadet service and to the community.
This year’s cadets, who were appointed at a ceremony at the Woburn Hotel, in Woburn, are:
- Police Cadet Zaen Aziz, from Luton, of the Bedfordshire Police Cadets
- Cadet Company Sergeant Major William Emberson, from Leighton Buzzard, of the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Army Cadet Force
- Cadet Warrant Officer Aaron Harvey, from Clophill, of the Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing ATC
- Petty Officer Cadet Kayte Hollis, from Dunstable, of the Bedfordshire Sea Cadets
- Fire Cadet Kostandin Ndoci, from Luton, of the Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Cadet Flight Sergeant Rachel Radley, from Campton, of the Bedford Modern School Combined Cadet Force
Speaking after the presentation Mrs Nellis said: “I was delighted to appoint my Lord-Lieutenant’s cadets who are supporting me this year. It was with great pleasure that I was able to present them all with their certificates and badges.
“My cadets are the finest of the many talented young people in our cadet forces within Bedfordshire. They are excellent leaders and a credit to their organisations and to the county. They contribute so much to the activities undertaken in their units, squadrons and services and are great role models to their colleagues and those who will follow.”