A Premises Licence is required for any premises where an individual or company wants to offer premises-based gambling.
A premises licence is required for any of the following types of premises:
- Bingo halls
- Betting premises (including betting shops, betting tracks etc)
- Adult gaming centres (Category B3, B4, C and D gaming machines)
- Family entertainment centres (Category C and D gaming machines)
- Premises Licenses will be granted by Central Bedfordshire Council.
- Applicants must be over 18 and has has applied for an Operating Licence and who has the right to occupy the premises for which the licence is applied.
- A Premises Licence lasts indefinitely.
- An annual fee is payable to Central Bedfordshire Council
Information and Forms
Application for a Premises Licence (PDF 44KB)
How to apply for a Premises Licence (PDF 23KB)
Application for the reinstatement of a premises licence (PDF 40KB)
Application to transfer a Premises Licence (PDF 39KB)
Application to vary a premises Licence (PDF 40KB)
Notice of application for a premises licence to be published (PDF 28KB)
Notice of application to responsible authorities for a premises licence FORM A (PDF 20KB)
Notice of application to responsible authorities for a premises licence FORM B (PDF 22KB)
Notification of change of name or address for premises licence (PDF 37KB)
Responsible Authorities (PDF 9KB)
To qualify for a small society lottery
- The society must be 'non-commercial'.
- The value of tickets put on sale per single lottery must be £20,000 or less, or the aggregate value of tickets put on sale for all their lotteries in a calendar year must not exceed £250,000.
If the operator plans to exceed either of these values then they will be classed as a large lottery operator, and must be licensed with the Gambling Commission instead.
The promoting society must, throughout the period of promoting, be registered with a licensing authority. where their principal office is located
There is a fee of £40 to be registered for a small lottery. A renewal fee of £20 applies every year
Application for Registration of Small Lottery (PDF 27KB)
Small Lottery return form (PDF 85KB)
Small Lottery Regulations (PDF 31KB)
Central Bedfordshire Council (as the Licensing Authority) is required by law to review its gambling policy on a three yearly basis.
The current policy is due for renewal in January 2013.
We are not proposing any changes to our existing policy, but would welcome your views on the existing policy and the decision not to change it.
The Gambling Policy (or Statement of Principles) (PDF 431KB)
You may contact us at:
Central Bedfordshire Council
High Street North
Tel: 0300 300 8647
All comments should be submitted by Friday 26th October 2012.