Shefford Library will reopen on Thursday 20 November after essential works were carried out to repair severe water damage to the library. The temporary library at the Conservative Offices will continue to operate until Saturday 1 November. There will be a short break in the provision of library services while the move back to Shefford Library takes place.
All books will be on extended loan during this period until the library re-opens. A Drop-box at Shefford Library will also be available for customers wanting to return loaned items. The Virtual Library can also be used to renew and request items, search the library catalogue and find out about events.
Councillor Brian Spurr, executive member for Community Services said; “We are extremely grateful to both Shefford Lower School and the Conservative Offices for providing a base for the Library over the last few months which allowed us to continue to run our activities and library service. The same extends to our library staff for their hard work and our valued customers for their understanding whilst the reparation work was underway.”
While in the Conservative Office, the library will open as follows:
- Monday: 2.00pm – 5.30pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Wednesday: 2.00pm – 5.30pm
- Thursday: 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Friday: 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 1:00pm
- Sunday: Closed
Last Updated: 27th October.
We have twelve libraries and a virtual library in Central Bedfordshire offering you a range of services.
Libraries offer the expected:
- library books, including children’s library books, fiction and non-fiction and large print
- information resources such as library reference books, newspapers, magazines and journals
- study space in libraries
- local and family history information
Libraries also offer the unexpected:
- free access to the internet and Microsoft Office software
- CDs, DVDs and spoken word for loan
- activities and events for the whole family, from fun Rhymetime to fascinating Good Afternoon meetings
- Library Link service which brings the library directly to those who cannot access their local library
- library enquiry service - just ask us and we can help you find the information you need
- learning support - you can learn about IT, family or local history and much more
- The Virtual Library - an online library available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week