Shefford Library is closed until further notice due to some serious water damage that took place between Thursday 17th July and Friday 18th July. Don't worry though, you can renew your books online or visit one of our other libraries.
We have also extended the loan period for an additional three weeks but you can return your borrowed items to Morrisons Supermarket (behind the library), as they have kindly agreed to house one of our Drop Boxes in their store (this will be regularly emptied). Please do not try to return any items to Shefford Library via the letter box drop box, as this is has now been disabled. Alternatively, you can still return all borrowed items to all libraries within the local authority areas of Central Bedfordshire Council and Bedford Borough Council.
We will keep you informed on the length of time Shefford Library will be closed, as soon as we have more information on the extent of the damage. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Last Updated: 21st July
We have twelve libraries and a virtual library in Central Bedfordshire offering you a range of services.
Libraries offer the expected:
- library books, including children’s library books, fiction and non-fiction and large print
- information resources such as library reference books, newspapers, magazines and journals
- study space in libraries
- local and family history information
Libraries also offer the unexpected:
- free access to the internet and Microsoft Office software
- CDs, DVDs and spoken word for loan
- activities and events for the whole family, from fun Rhymetime to fascinating Good Afternoon meetings
- Library Link service which brings the library directly to those who cannot access their local library
- library enquiry service - just ask us and we can help you find the information you need
- learning support - you can learn about IT, family or local history and much more
- The Virtual Library - an online library available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week