Our National Careers Service team
Our team provides one to one information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work. The service provides confidential and impartial advice by qualified careers advisers. Support includes:
- finding out what a job involves and if it's right for you
- help looking for courses and learning providers
- advice on the different stages of a job hunt
- improving your interview technique
- writing an effective CV
- searching for a job
- getting back into work
- change in career direction
Come and meet us!
You can meet one of our national careers service (NCS) team for impartial information, advice and guidance.
Advisors will be on hand to help with:
- writing or updating CVs
- searching for jobs
- making job applications
- considering voluntary work
- considering job options, for example, self-employment
- preparing for interviews
- exploring training options
Where to meet us
Appointments with NCS advisors will be available in libraries during the hours listed below.
Please note: an appointment is required.
- Biggleswade (Chestnut Drive, SG18 0LL) – Fridays, 9:30am to midday and 1pm to 3pm
- Dunstable (Vernon Place, LU5 4HA) – Wednesdays, 9:30am to midday
- Leighton Buzzard (First Floor Meeting Room), Lake Street LU7 1RX – Thursdays, 1pm to 3pm
- Houghton Regis (Bedford Square, Tithe Farm Road, LU5 5ES) – Wednesdays, 1pm to 3pm
How to make an appointment
You will need to pre-book an appointment with an advisor. To book an appointment:
Telephone: 0300 300 8110
If you are unemployed and claiming benefits, your local Jobcentre Plus will also continue to support you with its own services and others, including those from organisations managing the new Work and Health Programme (GOV.UK) (link opens in new window).