Croft Green Sheltered Housing Scheme
Croft Green sheltered housing scheme is one of the schemes identified for partial redevelopment as part of our review of its sheltered housing provision and drive to improve accommodation standards and housing offer for its residents.
We wanted to let you, as local residents, know about these exciting plans and show you some of the design ideas and details.
We obtained planning permission in December 2014, but have since amended the application and are currently waiting for a decision on our new plans.
The new development will see the existing bedsit block replaced with a new, social, high quality and sustainable retirement housing scheme built to modern standards. The proposed scheme will now consist of 24 self-contained flats rather than the 23 previously planned. The scheme will continue to contain communal facilities including communal lounge, laundry and guest suite, parking and communal gardens. The communal lounge will enable local residents to come and take part activities at the scheme.
This will be divided into:
- 14 x 1 bedroom, 8 x 1 ½ bedroom self-contained flats and 2 x 1 bedroom flats designed specifically to meet the needs of wheelchair users
- communal lounge and day opportunities room
- guest suite
The improved scheme will have a potential to become a hub for the local community by offering a range of services to the local community in the future.
We submitted a planning application in October 2016 and the indicative timetable, subject to planning application approval, is as follows:
- revised planning application submitted - October 2016
- approval from the Council’s Executive to proceed with the scheme – Spring 2017
- project on site - Spring 2017
- scheme completed – Summer 2018