Apply for a house exchange
Once your registration has been approved, you can look for suitable exchanges. You can choose homes anywhere in the UK.
When you have found a suitable swap you will need to complete a Mutual Exchange form (PDF 76.4KB) and bring it to one of our offices, along with the following documents:
Main applicant and joint applicant
- 1 passport sized photo of each applicant or joint applicant
- copy of passport or driving Licence with photo
- full birth certificate(s)
- proof of National Insurance number(s)
- recent utility bill (in your name(s) at resident address)
Children included on application
- copies of all birth certificates (full version — including parental name(s))
- child benefit notification letter
Adults (over 18yrs) included on application
- copy of birth certificate, passport or driving licence
- proof of address
- proof of all state benefits received including tax credits
- proof of pension
- proof of medical / health problems
- proof of disabilities
- proof of DLA (which states rate what you receive)
- proof of incapacity benefit
- proof of pregnancy
We will check all of the details.
If the person you want to exchange with lives outside of Central Bedfordshire, we will need to contact their landlord for a reference.
We have a maximum of 42 days to make a decision but always try to do this sooner if possible.