Free flu jabs
A safe, effective, annual influenza vaccination is available free of charge for groups who are at risk, including:
- pregnant women
- all those aged 65 or older
- people aged below 65 with a long-term health condition (e.g. asthma, heart or liver disease, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, motor neuron disease or weakened immune system)
- those living in a care / residential home
- formal carers
- health and social care workers
- children aged 2, 3 or 4 years
If you belong to one of these groups, speak to your GP to book a vaccination appointment or speak to your local pharmacy as they may also provide free flu vaccination.
These pharmacies offer free immunisation to 'at risk' groups in Central Bedfordshire.
If you are not eligible for a free flu vaccination, you can still get a vaccination for a small payment through your pharmacist.