How to get involved in council decisions - make your voice heard

Speaking to your local councillor

All councils are led by democratically elected councillors who set the vision and direction, and represent their local community.

Councillors are responsible for making decisions on their behalf about local services and spending, including setting council tax.

Each councillor represents a specific area, called wards, and serves for four years.

You can contact your councillor by:

  • email
  • telephone
  • post

You have two options for finding out who your local councillor is. 

Find your councillor: option 1

You can see a list of all councillors and filter by political party or ward, or you can choose a councillor from the list and view their contact information, register of interests and appointments to outside bodies.

Find your councillor >>

Find your councillor: option 2

You can find out who your local councillor is, plus access a range of really useful information about the area you live in, just by entering your postcode on My Central Bedfordshire. This allows you to see the ward you live in, your local councillor, planning applications around you and a lot more.

Find your councillor on My Central Bedfordshire >>

Back to the top