Customer feedback

Complaints about self-funded care

The Health Act 2009 gives the Local Government Ombudsman new responsibilities to investigate complaints about adult care providers from people who fund or arrange their own care services (self-funders). It covers both residential and domiciliary care services.

Self-funders who are not able to resolve their complaint with the care provider will be able to refer their complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Their contact details can be found on the Local Government Ombudsman (link opens in new window) webpage.

Tips for making a complaint - self funders (PDF 1.8MB) . For people who fund their own care: these complaints are not covered by the Council's complaints procedure.

Back to the top