About the Local Offer
This Local Offer (PDF 487.7KB) sets out in one place what support and services are available for Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
The information will include how to access services and organisations for Children and Young People with SEND from birth to 25 years.
Find out more about what is included in Central Bedfordshire’s Local Offer
Our Local Offer is well underway and has been designed and developed by a range of professionals from both Children’s and Adult services including
- social care
- SNAP Parent Carer Forum (PCF)
- voluntary and community groups
This will be a constantly evolving offer, please lets us know your feedback on email@example.com about what you like, and what we could include.
The Local Offer will include information on services that are available to support children and young people with Special Educations Needs and/or Disability (SEND) from birth to 25 including:
- Education services (Early Years providers, schools, colleges and training)
- Health services
- Social care services
- eligibility for specialist services
- how to obtain an education, health and care plan and the process
- preparing for adulthood
- leisure and recreation opportunities
- arrangements for transport and travel
- sources of information and support in the area
- child care, including suitable provision for disabled children and those with SEN
- arrangements for resolving disagreements and mediation and how how to make a complaint
- Local Authorities Accessibility Strategy (PDF 219KB)