Early Years Pupil Premium
Nurseries, pre-schools, childminders and other childcare providers can claim extra funding through the Early Years Pupil Premium.
This applies to 3 and 4 year old children whose:
- parents receive certain benefits
- or who have been adopted
- or are in care
The provider can use the funding to improve the quality of the early years education that they provide. This could include, for example, additional training for staff on early language development.
How to apply
If you believe you are entitled to funding, please download the application form (PDF 145.1KB) , complete it and hand it in to your school's office.
We will then check eligibility and will let the school know.
How do I qualify?
The child must attend a setting in Central Bedfordshire.
Parents / carers who receive any of the following will qualify for the Early Years Pupil Premium:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment & Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, providing you do not also receive Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Or, if they have been:
- looked after by us for at least 1 day
- have been adopted from our care.
- have left care through special guardianship, and subject to a child arrangement order setting out with whom they are to live (formerly known as residence orders) in Central Bedfordshire.
You can find out more about the early years pupil premium on the GOV.UK (link opens in new window) website.